CIS Computer Labs
T-194 Open Computer Lab Policies
Please review and be aware of the following policies so that we can maintain a computer lab that is a productive learning environment.
- T-194 open computer lab is for use by students enrolled in CIS classes only.
- You must present your Class Registration/Schedule and sign into the lab.
- Mute cell phones and pagers.
- Make all calls outside the lab.
- No food or gum.
- Beverages/drinks must have lids.
- 10 page print maximum per job. CIS class-related material only please.
- Be sure you are aware of and follow the College's Acceptable Use Policy for computers on campus.
T-194 Open Computer Lab
This computer lab contains 60 computers and is typically open from 9 AM to 9 PM Monday through Friday and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturdays during the Fall and Winter semesters and 8:45 AM to 4 PM during the Spring semester.
The T-194 open computer lab is intended for use by any student enrolled in a CIS course to work on homework and other class assignments. There are lab consultants available on the lab to help answer questions you may have on basic computer, printer and software usage.
T-199 Computer Classroom
This computer lab (below) contains 22 computers and is equipped with a ceiling projection system, one B&W printer and the remote control software. This computers in this lab contain dual-core processors with 2 GB of RAM, as well as removable hard drives so that each student can setup and maintain their own OS. The following courses are typically taught in this lab:
- CIS 100 Introduction to Information Technology
- CIS 105 Desktop Operating Systems
- CIS 129 Unix Shell Scripting
- CIS 158 A+ Operating Systems
- CIS 229 Linux/Unix System Administration
T-197 Computer Classroom
This computer lab is used primarily for networking and server classes. It contains its own network domain, as well as removable drives. The following courses are typically taught in this lab:
- CIS 112 Introduction to Networking
- CIS 114 Introduction to Novell NetWare Administration
- CIS 113 Wireless LANs
- CIS 212 Networking II
- CIS 124 Introduction to Windows Server Administration
T-193 Computer Lab
This computer lab is used for the capstone Network Administration course and contains a vast array of client machines, servers, and network devices.
T-193-A Computer Lab
This computer lab is used for the A+ Hardware course.
T-193-B Computer Classroom
This classroom is used for the A+ Hardware course.
T-189 Computer Classroom
This lab is used for the A+ Hardware and Networking courses.
T-183 Computer Classroom
This lab is used largely for the Pre-Education Instructonal Technology courses, CIS 221 and CIS 223. Specialized educational software is installed in this lab that is not available in the other labs, except for five computers in the T-194 open computer lab. This software includes: Media Blender, KidPix, Kidspiration, Inspiration, and HyperStudio.
This lab will also be used for an Information Assurance/Criminal Justice course and is occasionally used for CIS 100 Introduction to Information Technology. This lab also contains two new (2008) laser printers: one B&W and the other color. This lab does not have an ceiling projection system, but does have the remote desktop control software installed in it.
T-192 Computer Classroom
This is a shared lab with the Drafting Department and is the primary computer lab used for our CIS 125 Principles of Programming Logic course.
T-237 and T-239 Computer Classrooms
Computer classrooms T-237 and T-239 are located on the 2nd floor of Technology Building and are used primarily teach programming and web development courses. These courses include:
- CIS 111 SQL for Database Development
- CIS 126 XHTML/HTML/CSS Web Programming
- CIS 130 Visual Basic .NET Programming
- CIS 215 Advanced Visual Basic .NET Database Programming
- CIS 122 Web/Internet Technologies
- CIS 132 Active Server Pages .NET Programming
- CIS 170 C Prorgamming
- CIS 171 Java Programming
- CIS 227 Dreamweaver Web Authoring
- CIS 121 Introduction to the Internet
- CIS 123 Web Pages
CIS also uses the following lecture classrooms for courses such as CIS 100 Introduction to Information Technology and CIS 220 Systems Analysis and Design. These rooms are equiped with ceiling projection systems and an instructor computer.
- T-185 Classroom
- T-187 Classroom
- T-141 Classroom
- T-143 Classroom